When it comes to a home renovation project, the kitchen is often the first to be considered. This is because the modern kitchen is no longer just a place for cooking and food preparation. It is now that part of a house where family members gather to bond over a hearty meal and have a meaningful conversation. For this reason, a kitchen is deemed as the heart of the home and why many homeowners decide to upgrade their kitchen and take it to the next level. Not only do they factor in its overall functionality, but they also want to take its aesthetic value to the next level.
If you’re looking to pursue a full kitchen renovation project, here’s our guide to help you in your planning and designing:
Proper planning and preparation are the keys to a successful kitchen renovation. When kicking off your project, be sure to sit down and plan ahead by considering the following details:
- Overall budget: Remember that your finance is the most crucial aspect of the overall project as this determines its scope and direction. Be sure to consider the material cost, labour expenses, and other miscellaneous costs. From there, you’ll be able to set your overall budget to cover everything.
- Project timeline: Aside from your budget, you have to come up with a timeline for your renovation project. Be sure to schedule the planning, designing, material preparation, and actual construction stages. Then, communicate important details to all people involved and ensure that they stick to the schedule.
- Material acquisition: You need to look for the right suppliers for all the materials required for your kitchen renovation. Whether you’re looking for fixtures, appliances, paint, or decors, be sure to get them from a highly reliable supplier so that you can strike a balance between affordability and quality.
- Personnel involved: List all the people who will be involved in your renovation project. This list may include kitchen designers, contractors, and subcontractors. When looking for the right people, be sure that they have the license and insurance to pursue this project.
After the planning stage, the next crucial step is designing. Keep in mind that this process is more than just getting some kitchen inspiration online or recommendations from family or friends. It’s best to hire an interior designer who can help turn your kitchen vision into reality. When working with your designer, here are the factors you need to consider:
- Floor plan: When it comes to this, you have to take a look at your overall kitchen space and plan for the flow, function, and flexibility.
- Kitchen layout: You have to decide what your kitchen layout is going to be. This entails how to strategically position your kitchen fixtures (such as countertops, sinks, and island), appliances, cabinetry, as well as chairs, and tables, among others.
- Finishes: You also have to consider the kitchen paint as this will create the ambience and set the overall mood of the space. Be sure to factor in the variety of colours you will use and how they all complement each other while sticking to a cohesive theme.
- Appliances: Don’t forget all the kitchen appliances you need as well. You might need to think about the stove, oven, electric heater, fridge, and a whole lot more. In this stage, be sure to check your existing kitchen resources and invest in what you currently lack.
- Decors: At this point, you have to pay attention to small details. Since they vary from one design to another, you must come up with a cohesive kitchen theme and incorporate all related elements that will kick your kitchen up a notch!
At this point, you now have a robust idea for your full kitchen renovation project as far as planning and designing are concerned. To that end, be sure to factor in your overall budget, project timeline, materials, and the people involved when planning for your remodelling project. Furthermore, consider the floor plan, kitchen layout, finishes, appliances, and decors for your kitchen design. All these factors will help you turn your kitchen into an ideal place to stay at home!
If you want a full kitchen renovation experience from the best in the business, then you have come to the right place. At Azztek Kitchens, we provide full kitchen renovation services in Mandurah. If you’re looking to pursue this project, get in touch with us today to see how we can help!